Heading out

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Heading out

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:51 pm

Date: 16 Oct 2003 13:50:32 EDT

Vince sat on the beach, letting the waves relax his mind so that he could properly reflect upon just what had been happening lately. First off, and with this he allowed himself a small grin, he had finally gotten back at Max. It didn't matter to him that he got whupped on some 3 or 4 times. He had finally won, and thus gotten that particular monkey off his back.
The second thing was trying to figure out what to do with Raven, and how to help her get back on her feet after what had happened to her. He felt lucky that the whole penguin strike had been resolved, although he was forced to give in to full benefits, vacation time, and even a dental plan and shift differential. Without them back on duty, he never would have been able to have the hammock set up, or the clothes made in time. He was even more surprised that they managed to get the right size of clothes. He walked over from the beach, intent on talking to her a bit more, but found that she was fast asleep. Not wanting to disturb her, he went back down to the beach and called a penguin over. "When she wakes up, treat her the same way as you would me. Get her whatever she needs, and let her know that she has access to my money if she needs to anything yo can't provide. If she asks how much she can spend, just say 'yes'" He grinned, knowing that answer would through her off. He still tried as hard as he could to not let on that he had enough money to buy a small country, his spartan existance letting him save that money for when he, or someone else in ths case, really needed it.
As for the third thing..."Guido! Get over here. We got a job to do." The air elemental appeared immediately and the two headed off, leaving Raven to sleep peacefully.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:51 pm

Date: 16 Oct 2003 17:22:08 EDT

Slowly waking up she took in her surroundings confused and lost for a moment before she remembered everything that had happened to her. Sitting up was another reminder when she felt the stiffness and soreness of her body. Stretching out her muscles for a moment she took a deep breath and decided to head down to the beach to see if she could find Vince. Not finding him there, but finding a penguin, she smiled and asked " Do you know where Vince is?" Getting a nod in return, she asked again" Can you tell me where he is?" Not receiving an answer to that question, she sighed, then smiled at the penguin again and made her way up to the hammock again. Looking behind her she realized that the penguin was following her. She figured it was under Vinces orders to do so.
Feeling the hunger from the past few days catch up with her she asked another question" Do you know where I may be able to get something to eat?" The penguin nodded in reply, then ran off returning a few moments later holding a platter of various fruits, and nuts which he sat on the hammock next to her. Smiling she ate her fill. The penguin then talked " I am to let you know that anything you need is at your disposal. And if you need money for anything that also is at your disposal"
Smiling once more at the penguin Raven sighed a little, it was so hard to take money for anything,but she knew she was going to need another sword, or something else to defend with than the small dagger she had.Remembering Fionas armory and offer, she asked the penguin " How much may I borrow from Vince? I need to get some kind of sword again." The penguin just looked at her and said "Yes". "Yes?" Raven asked a bit confused." I know you said it was available, but how much?" she got another "Yes" from the penguin. Looking down at the clothes she wore she realized she would probably need another set of clothing, especially if she dueled again tonight and the history she had with getting holes in whatever she was wearing. " Do you think I may be able to buy some more clothes?" " Getting another "Yes" from the penguin she decided to try once more "how much do you think I could borrow from Vince for what I need?" The penguin looked at her again replying "Yes". Sighing again, and utterly confused now by not being able to get an answer she decided to go out and try to find Vince. Putting on her cloak she again looked at the penguin more than sure that it was going to follow her again. " Lets go find Vince shall we? If all else fails I'll probably find him at the Arena later on." The penguin just nodded and followed her out the portal and into the streets of Rhydin. . . .