Results of Overlady Challenge

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Results of Overlady Challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:12 am

Date: 18 Nov 2003 23:10:22 EST

Overlord Challenge Results

I was honored to be the officiator for the challenge match tonight. I was remise for thinking that tonight's match would be typical and I found out the hard way that I need to study the rules book a little harder. I hope there won't be a test after this.

Renegade Baron Ticallion Carter did give challenge to Overlady Shakira, which she readily accepted. Though, the formalities never really did get under way, because right as I was to start the whole process, Arithon Falessan up and decided that he would stand in for Shakira. Well...that didn't set right with Ticallion and of all things, Max Blue wanted to fight Arithon for Ticallion, in order for Ticallion to fight Shakira. I know...sometimes it a little more complicated than it has to be.

After everybody agreed on the format...wait...things went so fast that a format was never mentioned..the first match of the night started. Arithon started the match off well. The first 4 rounds, each duelist traded blows, then in the 5th round, Max found his footing and kept control for the rest of the duel. Max ended up winning with a score of 5-2 in only 8 rounds. It was a good duel for Max and a good try for Arithon.

((Play by Play

Max Arithon
HC FLP 1
FSS 1 FCP
TH 1 TH 1
HC HC
LC 1 SH
FDU 1 FLP
FLP FCP
FCP 1 TH

Vx Max Blue xV def LrdArithon, 5-2 in 8 rounds))

So...Max beat Ari, which meant that it was time for Ticallion to face Shakira. Again, things were going so fast that there was no time for formalities and off they went. In fact, nobody even agreed on a format for the Overlord match and as her style, it went only one duel with Winner take all.

Unfortunately, for Ticallion....Shakira pretty much dominated the whole match, with Shakira taking the lead and keeping it for the extent of the duel. Ticallion's only score was during the Seventh round and Shakira put it away in the Eleventh.

((Play by Play
Shakira Ticallion
FLP 1 HC
FCP 1 TH
LC LC
FSS FSS
HC HC
LC LC
SH HC 1
FCP 1 LC
SS .5 TH
HC 1 FCP
TH 1 LC

CatShakira def Ticallion Carter, 5.5-1 in 11 rounds))

But, as I was saying...it was moving so fast that the formalities never were delivered so by default this is how it would have gone:

Shakira's Second was Anubis Karo, or at least that is what she told me and Graciana DiSanti was her Lady of Honor. Shakira had no colors or banner she dueled under.

Ticallion's Second was Bode Bojangles, and Kaja Adair was his Lady of Honor. He dueled under the Blue and Grey colors of, who else, The Wrecking Crew.

I know...that kinda takes alot out of it. Maybe next time it will be a boring challenge.

Nicholas Overton Tyme
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:14 am

Date: 19 Nov 2003 00:25:38 EST

What the hell was Max doing taking T's back? That makes me wanna throw up, win or not.

cg
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Nov 2003 00:31:41 EST

Max had a personal problem with a certain Arithon taking up the Cat-Demon's back, deal with it Chrissy.

Max Blue
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Nov 2003 02:21:50 EST

Mayhaps he did thus because a certain member of "The Crew" was nae available tae do it?

Th' O'erlord be protected from Challenge now by th' upcomin' Tourney... What comes after, we shall see.

Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Captain of the Order of the Knights Templar
First Catholic Church of Rhy-Din.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:15 am

Date: 19 Nov 2003 05:27:10 EST

I got in late, but I was glad I was able to catch the end of it all. Congratulations to the Overlady for defending her title, and so decisively, too.

All Hail Shakira!

~~ Klytus
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:15 am

Date: 19 Nov 2003 08:56:18 EST

Mayhaps he did thus because a certain member of "The Crew" was nae available tae do it?

There were four other members of the Crew present besides Tical. If you ask Tical, I'm sure he would assure you that all of the Crew that was present would have done an excellent job standing in for him if he had asked. Tical knew well in advance that Chris would not be making it as he had a doctor's appointment.

There is no bitterness between any of the Crew for what happened last night. Tical did us proud in the manner in which he carried himself and the manner in which he dueled. And while you might be concentrating on what comes after the Tournament, we are quite interested in what happens at the Tournament.

The Overlord has twice now attempted to sway Crew members into standing loyal to her. First by automatically aligning Bode loyal while he was distracted by personal matters and then again last night after her win with Tical. She's barking up the wrong tree. There is nothing she can offer the Crew so there is no point for any Crew member to stand loyal to her. We take care of our own and do not need her protection.

- M
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:16 am

Date: 19 Nov 2003 11:21:25 EST

More'n one way ta skin a cat. . .
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Nov 2003 13:21:43 EST

>All Hail Shakira!

No.

Hold Fast,
Grayson MacLeod.
Past Holder of IceDancer, Emerald of the Duel of Fists.
Warlord of the Duel of Swords.
Past Keeper of Water.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Nov 2003 17:14:59 EST

>
>>All Hail Shakira!
>
>No.

Well, then, at least all respect Shakira. Even Xenograg, her oldest (in terms of the amount of time they have been at odds, not his age) and most bitter enemy, gave Overlady Shakira the respect she was due for her decisive victory in the defense of her title. Give credit where credit is due.

~~ Klytus
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 20 Nov 2003 01:01:56 EST

>Well, then, at least all respect Shakira.

Again, no.

>Even Xenograg, her oldest (in terms of the amount of time they have been at
>odds, not his age) and most bitter enemy, gave Overlady Shakira the respect
>she was due for her decisive victory in the defense of her title.

So I should respect her just because Xenograg does? Flawed logic. If Xenograg jumped off a cliff, would you? I wouldn't. As for her decisive victory? Yeah, she did well. She beat Tical. Doesn't make me respect her any more.

>Give credit where credit is due.

Ok, she beat Tical. Credit her for that. Respect, though? I don't think so.

Hold Fast,
Grayson MacLeod.
Past Holder of IceDancer, Emerald of the Duel of Fists.
Warlord of the Duel of Swords.
Past Keeper of Water.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:17 am

Date: 20 Nov 2003 12:41:34 EST

I can't say it much better than M already did. So I won't even try. Besides, she's the smarter one of the group anyway, which is why she's the captain.

C-Note. I don't know why I'm explaining this here when I could just holla at you later, but I guess since it seems to be a burning question in other peoples' minds...I know it seems weird, but that's Max for you. He had first dibs on Arithon like I told Bode that night. Of course Bode had first dibs too, but we decided to let Max do his thing and see how it turned out. It turned out well for him at least. Of course, then certain individuals decided they couldn't handle their group losing as well as some others might, but you know how that goes when you're dealing with cowards.

And to those of you who want to hate on me or the Crew and tell me how bad I lost or that I just lost in general. That's fine. It's funny when people tell me news I already know anyway. Keep it coming. You're just adding fuel to the fire. I take my lumps like a man, so it's all good.

And actually, Grayson has a point. Beating me doesn't give you respect. Since when did I become the person to beat? Because I don't ever remember becoming the person to beat, someone should have sent me a memo.

Tical M. Carter
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:18 am

Date: 20 Nov 2003 12:55:03 EST

I know a fella named Jerry Mouse that could deal with your cat problem. He doesn't run cheap though.

~Harris
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 20 Nov 2003 13:24:34 EST

Wow, if only respect could be so easily won. I've won several challenges over the years, and three were 5-1, 5-1, and 5-0 scores.
Please respect me. I'm obviously good for it.

And Xeno can reserve the right to be himself. He's married to Amaltea, as well; now unless you want to swing a bit and marry Amaltea as well to "be like Xeno," there's little need to justify respecting Shakira just because Xeno does.
Xeno also hasn't dueled for a while, to my knowledge. Our sport would be in trouble if we all decided to follow his footsteps and not duel.

Var Medici-Giovanni
Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 21 Nov 2003 09:51:02 EST

I say Shakira is deserving of respect for several reasons. First, she not only achived Warlord, but became a baron. This is something many duelers never manage to do. She became Overlord. Again, someing the vast majority of duelers have never done. She had to do it by defeating her predecessor's second and then OL himself. And now, she has a successful title defense under her belt: something a few Overlords have had trouble with.

This is why I say she is worthy of respect. The names attached to the possitions or titles or people she beat are utterly irrelevant. No one is "the man to beat". She clawed her way to the top, she has held her possition at the top, and she managed to do so in the face of all the spite and vinegar being thrown at her. I believe that this Overlord... any Overlord, is deserving of respect simply for getting to where she has.

I use Xenograg as an example because while he has every reason to hate, loathe and despise Overlady Shakira, he remains willing to grant her (albeit it grudgingly) respect for what she has accomplished. People are allowing their most petty feeling to cloud their veiws on this. I can't say such surprises me, but it is dissapointing. My respect for Xenograg goes up a notch for being able to put his own feelings asside and giving credit where credit is due. To discount his opinion because he doesn't duel very often is like ignoring the tactical advice of a tried and tested general who happens to be retired: a lack of participation does not make someone's opinion of a lesser value. In fact, I dare say it gives it more value, as he has a more objective view than those who are shoulder-deep in it.

Not that this will change anybody's mind, of course. Still, this is the forum for duscussion.

~~ Klytus
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 21 Nov 2003 20:45:18 EST

>There were four other members of the Crew present besides Tical. If you ask
>Tical, I'm sure he would assure you that all of the Crew that was present
>would have done an excellent job standing in for him if he had asked.

Trouble is, only one of those four was eligible to do so.

Cassius Gaius Maximius