Tourney Night

Read-only archive for the Duel of Magic
DoM Archive
Archivist

Tourney Night

Post by DoM Archive » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:46 pm

Date: 11/9/98 12:33 AM Eastern Standard Time

The message left for all to glean is not any of the more conventional types, it being of magicks gathered from varied sources, many thought lost, as the source itself is lost to the user. The parchment appears not either old or new. Nor does any script grace its smooth surface. Instead, the sheaf seems insubstantial, a wavering of light, color, and... sound?

As you lay your eyes upon the parchment, the soft melodious voice of the mage Deralynn comes to your mind...

"Twas a fair night fer such a grand event as a Tourney o’ Mages tae determine who shall meet Arch Mage Wulfson in an attempt tae dethrone tha’ smirkin’ Master o’ Magicks.

"P’haps an event which distracted many was the unexpected death o’ mage Lem Angelo, as I know him tae be, who was struck by lightnin’ from a darkened sky.

"Though some may dispute my right tae challenge Sir William Wulfson, I can only say tha’ tis ne’er easy tae administer a Tourney when one o’ the challengers dies. Sir Goldendust Evermeadow assisted by Sir Arthur Tomas called gloriously. True, I did receive three byes whilst my opponents earnestly battled each other -- many received byes after the loss o' Sir Lem Angelo. But, they were given tae me as a result o’ mine own undefeated record.

"I take the responsibility o’ meetin’ the Arch Mage in the rings verra seriously. Those o’ you who know me, know also tha’ I am a person o’ few words. These tha’ I ‘ave said will suffice."