Baron Heath MacCormick

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Baron Heath MacCormick

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:25 am

Date: 10/1/97 9:53 PM Pacific Standard Time

Although this is a letter written to Heath, this is something I want the DoS Community to read, so I am posting it here.
~ Ulath

Dear Baron Heath,
I am writing this letter to you to express my gratitude in recognition of your exemplary manner during the entire challenge process. After you learned of my challenge, you did not treat me disrespectfully, scornfully, or bitterly. Instead, you welcomed me into the arena and whereever you saw me, and you treated me as warmly as you always have. Although we have never been good friends, I have always admired your honest, steadfast behavior and
your admirable piety.
Perhaps it is quixotic to believe that your example will be remembered and followed by those who wish to challenge or those who are challenged. Perhaps it is naive to believe that because of your example, the mindless bickering which has been the one constant in almost every challenge match fought recently will vanish.
But then again, maybe it isn't. I hope the latter holds true.

Sincerely yours,
Ulath Fici
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:25 am

Date: 10/2/97 8:40 AM Pacific Standard Time

Baron Ulath:

Your missive is a refreshing look at what the DoS was apon my arrival. Since my return to RhyDin some two years ago I have strived to merely be who I am and nothing else. The honor and the comaraderie that once existed is fading and loyalties are oft' lost to greed and tha self serving ideals born of the search for power.
I knew not what to expect in the challenge, thus I chose not to make assumptions nor place stereotypes apon you or anyone else.
Thank you for the honorability that you showed, your actions throughout the entire process of the challenge and the match spoke of nothing short of honor and respect.
I cannot mourn the loss of the ring to one such as yourself and I hope that you too will be know as a baron of barons........
I again congratulate you on the fine win and wish a long reign

Yours in honor and in the name of the Father

Heath Duncan Connor MacCormack