Challenge for the 9th

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:41 am

Date: 10/4/97 8:02 AM Pacific Standard Time

Iain,
I respect Baroness Luthien as much as anyone else and I am loathe to see her lose her ring; indeed, I also understand the protective nature of a husband. However, you must realize - as indeed your wife does - that Warlord Glowacki might have no other reason than that your wife has not received a challenge yet four months into her reign.
Now, I do not mean to imply her not receiving a challenge says anything negative about her reign; one of the major reasons she has received no challenge is that she is a formidable opponent whom most would want to avoid. But if your wife understands that she has been challenged and that as a Baroness she deserves to be challenged once in awhile, then I think you should follow her example.

Ulath
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:42 am

Date: 10/4/97 2:42 PM Pacific Standard Time

Ulath:I have not in any way suggested that Luthien should not face challenge.I objected to the undertone to the Warlord's challenge, which implied that he had a reason to challenge which related to Luthien's holding of the position. To that implication, yes, you are damned right I object.The Warlord has stated that I misread his comment. That is sufficient.In the meantime, those who think me petty enough to jump up and take offense at the mere act of challenge against my wife need a stiff drink and a cold breeze. She holds a ring. She expects challenge, and welcomes it. I stand with her proudly.Iain MacKenziePrince Consort, New MountainsideLord Tynsdale
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:42 am

Date: 10/4/97 3:31 PM Pacific Standard Time

Of nailing down a date/time and specifics:Warlord....Per the rules the date and time are at my discretion.I may request the specific day and Tuesday is the day we need to work out. For my own reasons, I must demand this day. Whether it is the 7th, or the 14th, I am flexible, but "Tuesday" will be constant. That is most convenient for me and my dueling party.My second and Lord of Honor shall be my husband, Iain MacKenzie, Lord Tynsdale. My colors are Blue and Gold.I am, Queen LuthienLady TynsdaleBaron 9