Red Orc Brewery

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Crayons & Fountain Pens

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:05 pm

Date: 9/29/1997 1:59 AM Central Standard Time

"Hey Jake. You open, or are you sleeping standing up?" Jake snapped out of his reverie. Old reflexes kicked into gear as the orc reached for his blade, but discovered to his dismay that it wasn't at this side. A moment later the orc realized that he wasn't being attacked. Doing his best to cover his reaction the orc looked up to see who had called him. Jake chuckled as he saw Iain poking his head into the door. "Yeah I'm open. Just contemplating new brews and tag-team stuff." The orc quietly put the crayons away underneath the counter with the realization that the crayon drawings covering the bar were pretty much impossible to hide. Jake thought a distraction was in order and turned around to grab up two mugs from the cupboard and proceeded to pour two mugs of Bane's Brew. "Take timeoff from playing commissioner? Here, have a mug of brew on the house." Jake remembered his passing comment from the other day and wondered if Iain had put any more thought to the idea of Red Orc Brewery being one of the sponsors of Rhydin Team Dueling. The orc figured that it would be a good way to generate some business. He wanted to get more of the Bane's Brew sold. Business had been good, but he figured that he had not gotten enough exposure yet. Jake set the mug onto the bar in front of Iain, while waving him into the brewery. The cold froth was spilling just a little over the side. Jake took his own mug and had a quick sip to keep the froth from spilling too much. "How's married life treating you? Had any time to spend with her while keep the league running?"
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:07 pm

Date: 9/30/1997 2:19 AM Central Standard Time

"How's married life treating you? Had any time to spend with her while keep the league running?"Iain laughed, reaching for the mug. Normally, he wouldn't drink ale, but he hadn't yet had a chance to try Jake's brew, and one could always hope for a surprise. "Well... we manage to see each other at least once a week," he commented in with familiar deadpan irony, "usually passing each other in the hallway at the Manor." He grinned, then took a sip. Not bad at all... for ale."Anyway," he went on, "I thought I'd drop by and discuss that sponsorship idea with you. Especially after I noticed you were sponsoring the Tag-Team League." He paused, grinning slightly. "More than one company's become rich sponsoring sports, you know."
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Date: 9/30/1997 9:44 PM Central Standard Time

Rand was about to stop by when he heard that little goblin voice waft out, and Jake's bellow. Deciding it might be best to stop by later, he went home to be with Morgan.

On another of his trips to Rhydin, after checking his mail and finding a whole bunch of replies about the upcoming Diamond Quest, Rand was reminded of his idea to stop by Jake's brewery. Flipping through the replies to see who was registering for the quest, he wandered toward the brewery. Upon reaching the slight creak of the swinging sign, Rand looked up, and blinked.

"It looks different."

Slightly confused, as is fairly usual, he shrugged and stepped in. Again he stopped, the air stank of old magic. He looked around, tense, for Jake and anything else out of the ordinairy. Of course, everything was kinda different, so he stayed tense, until he remembered why he hadn't stopped by last time.

"Mojo."

The only words out of his mouth. He feared that if he said any more, the goblin might hear somehow and show up. Like saying Mojo three times would make him appear. He shuddered.

"Jake? Did... that goblin thing ...have 'fun' in here? And what did ya do to the place?"

Looking at the new furnishings Rand smiled.

"It looks good Lugnut. Almost like a fortress instead of a brewery. Don't you want people to come in and buy things? Or do you drink it all? Oh, ya know about that Tag Team Fists thing that Tisman is setting up? I thought maybe you an' me? Pretzelboy and Lugnut? What do you think?"

Realizing that he had just asked about sixty questions without even letting the orc get in a word edgewise, he stopped, smiled, and said,

"Hiya Jake, wassup? Can I get a Bane's Brew?"

and waited for the orc to reply.
DoF Archive
Archivist

RedOrc: Dreams of Wealth and Pretzels

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Date: 10/5/1997 11:10 PM Central Standard Time

"Anyway," he went on, "I thought I'd drop by and discuss that sponsorship idea with you. Especially after I noticed you were sponsoring the Tag-Team League." He paused, grinning slightly. "More than one company's become rich sponsoring sports, you know." The orc was gratified that Lord Tynsdale liked the brew. The orc grinned, "that rich part did have somethin' of an appeal. I certainly wouldn't mind the boost in business. I can't drink it all myself after all." "I don't know what sort of terms you would be willin' to do. I was plannin' on sending out free kegs of Bane's Brew and maybe Orctoberfest to the week's 'high-achievers'. In fact I sent out a keg of Bane's out to Tiny just this afternoon." The orc stole a quick sip of his ale while he spoke. "I've already spoken to Blackrose about sponsoring Tag Team dueling, and I am already sponsoring Team Avalon, but I'd love to be one of the official sponsors of the RTDL." The orc looked over at Ian as he sipped his ale. "I got a logo for ya' to use and I'd be willin' to negotiate a discount for all members of the RTDL for selected brands of ale." The orc finished off his ale and looked to see how Ian was doing on his. "Gimme a moment. I got some of the Orctoberfest in back ya' can try."_________________________________ When the orc returned with two mugs of ale, each filled to the brim with his latest ale, Rand had poked his head into the door. In the middle of his barrage of questions the orc set the mugs down in front of Ian and then turned to catch what pretzelboy was asking. "It looks good Lugnut. Almost like a fortress instead of a brewery. Don't you want people to come in and buy things? Or do you drink it all? Oh, ya know about that Tag Team Fists thing that Tisman is setting up? I thought maybe you an' me? Pretzelboy and Lugnut? What do you think?" As he stopped for a breath, the orc looked back to Ian and nudged the mug of Orctoberfest towards him. "Hiya Jake, wassup? Can I get a Bane's Brew?" Rand finally slowed enough to let the orc get a word or two in. Chuckling the orc pushed a bowl of pretzels towards Rand and turned to pour out a mug of Bane's Brew. "Yeah, I sort of like the fortress stuff. Ya' never know when you are going to have to fend off invaders or hordes of goblins." The orc turned back to the bar. "You and me as a team huh?" The orc thought about it. "I dunno, you sure you got the time? Being married an' all?" The orc glanced back to continue his conversation Ian while letting Rand try some of the pretzels along with his brew. The pretzels were each shaped like a little stick figure. They had been crafted in pretzelboy's honor of course. And just as Rand reaches for one of them... it winked at him.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: RedOrc: Dreams of Wealth and Pretzels

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:11 pm

Date: 10/6/1997 5:00 AM Central Standard Time

Ian cast a glance askance at Rand's stream of questions, chuckling as he sipped the ale. He pondered the orc's ideas as he went to retrieve Rand's brew, mulling over some thoughts he'd had of his own on the matter. Simultaneously, he pondered the whole tag-team idea; he hadn't given much thought to getting into it himself - and, indeed, his frequent inability to turn up at the Outback gave him the idea he might have trouble playing along anyway, but it was at least something to think about.As Jake's attention returned to him, he spoke slowly, formulating the ideas as the words left his lips. "Well, actually, I was thinking of letting you set up a concession at the venues... throw up some signage... sponsor some awards and the like... 'The Red Orc Brewery Most Valuable Dueler Award,' for instance... and, of course, we could even discuss advertising during live broadcasts - you know, we actually managed to pull one of those off once."He looked up at Jake with a conspiratorial grin, waiting for larceny to sink into the orc's heart.