Appreciation and Congratulations

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Appreciation and Congratulations

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:08 pm

Date: 10/11/1997 1:15 PM Central Standard Time

I would like ta dank all da participatin' Emeralds, RDIs Rand, Jake, and Good fer helpin' ta make Diamond Quest XI one of da best ever! With 17 Emeralds da RDIs had ta work hard and VERY LONG, and I want dem ta know da job dey did last night was terrific!

Every single Emerald fought with great honor and grand skill, congratulations ta each and every one of dem. A special congratulations ta da first five Opals crowned in Duel of Fists history; Imp, Nova, Marzan, Ulath, and Ian well done indeed sirs!

I'd also like ta dank Ian Munro fer da best duel I've ever been in fer any sport. A superb and honorable dueler, I could not have asked fer a better finish ta a tournament. He fought me so hard ta da bitter end and I just barely escaped with da victory, super performance Ian!

Well in closing I'd like ta say I will not let dis community down. I plan ta be here each and every night I possible can ta be an active representation of da Diamond rank. I feel both a responsibility and a desire ta be in da outback each wednesday and friday. Having returned from a short vacation, I have time now, and I plan ta live up ta me rank, and make all in da Duel of Fists proud of me efforts.

Dank ya fer yer time everyone, safe travels ta ya.

~Jeffrey Oakenshield~
11th Diamond of da Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Appreciation and Congratulations

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:10 pm

Date: 10/11/1997 4:05 PM Central Standard Time

Well done Chaos

Dex MontoyaLoyal to RhyDin
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:11 pm

Date: 10/11/1997 8:25 PM Central Standard Time

Well done, indeed....seems like Lady Luck was *extremely* fond of you last night, Jeff. It's easy to say that it was a great tournament, and that you'll "do your best" to represent the Diamond, but the past performance I have seen of many "honorable" duelers that are loyal mainly to their swords, even in my short time here, tells me that it will take more than words to live up to your rank. Let's just hope that you have enough honor to do what you
say. One more thing: bragging may be considered honorable in the Arena, but here it just brings negative feelings to everyone. You know what I'm talking about.

Hoping that Jeff can at least live up to half of what he says,
Ryan Mercury
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:12 pm

Date: 10/13/1997 9:48 PM Central Standard Time

Look, here's the deal. Jeff is my housemate, my dueling partner, and my friend. Anyone who mocks him or undermines him without letting him prove himself should come talk to me about it because I will personally beat the snot out of you. I am sick and tired of hearing his name dragged through the mud when he is too kind and too forthright to defend himself verbally.

Ulath.