((*The OOC Thread/Guestbook))

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((OOC Thread)) - Editorial Notes & Hyperlinks (Colli

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:53 pm

Date: 3/23/1999 2:48 AM Central Daylight Time

Okay okayI'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch, and I have a question.In the titles of the posts, some people put the author (or whatever you want to call it) in single parentheses ( ). For example, this post<<Re: ((OOC Thread)) - Editorial Notes & Hyperlinks (Collie)>>Can we no longer do this? Do we all now have to put the names in double parentheses?okay.That's all, for now.I am the player of Arrin, and some others characters that really don't matter to most.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((OOC Thread)) - Editorial Notes & Hyperlinks (Colli

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:53 pm

Date: 3/23/1999 10:21 AM Central Daylight Time

>>
In the titles of the posts, some people put the author (or whatever you want to call it) in single parentheses ( ). For example, this post

<<Re: ((OOC Thread)) - Editorial Notes & Hyperlinks (Collie)>>

Can we no longer do this? Do we all now have to put the names in double parentheses?
<<

In answer to the question.. the (( )) applies to commentary within the post itself.

RDI Collie

Nexus Manager

Rings of Honor Monitor
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((OOC Thread)) - The End of the Story

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:54 pm

Date: 4/4/1999 1:40 PM Central Daylight Time

Yes, the Opal SL is coming to an end. (Stop cheering so loudly.) We're gonna have the (hopefully) big finale at the DQ on Saturday, April 10th. So, come out, cause the dueling won't be the only wild part of the night. And, for all you skeptics who don't believe me, consider this: Maybe it takes me months to post stories, but I can't very well wait until the next DQ for a live scene, can I? Heh heh.

Spiffy
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((OOC Thread)) - Guideline update

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:54 pm

Date: 4/9/1999 12:48 PM Central Daylight Time

Hi,

Please take a few minutes to review the updated posting guidelines for the Rings of Honor Message Board. Rings of Honor Guidelines (aol://4344:2756.duel02.29099464.580388241)

RDI Collie

Nexus Manager

Rings of Honor Monitor
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((OOC Thread)) - Guideline update

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:55 pm

Date: 5/1/1999 1:00 PM Central Daylight Time

i think this place has beeter more clear rules then the other matrix games. i like that the moves and what they look like are described. that is very helpful becuz i had no idea what some of those moves were. im going to try to play this game after i try the sword game.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((OOC Thread)) - Brute of the Week

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:55 pm

Date: 5/4/1999 11:27 AM Central Daylight Time

Note: regarding
For the week of: 4-19-99
4-26-99

First of all, it should read in the subject line, "Brute of the Week - WyldWsel/TalynStar." But it doesn't.

Whoops.

Onward: Trace's Nightmares took on a new meaning in my own, offline real life when my entire family grew VERY ill. Since the 14th of April there've been very unpleasant things going on in the bodies of the personages occupying my house. Even the pets. It's been nasty.

In some ways, I'd prefer Trace's nightmares to this real one.

Thanks for bearing with my lateness on the BoW's everyone.

-the wordsmith's joueur
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((OOC Thread/Guestbook)) - Coming Soon!!!!

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:56 pm

Date: 6/27/1999 1:39 AM Central Daylight Time

Okay okay.As some of you may have noticed, Bane is back. I will have the post that will end the little SL thingie when I think of what to write. I'm not the greatest writer, no, but I'm trying. Anyway, when I get the whim to write, plus a few more ideas, the post will be up.Thanks for your patience!Player o' Bane
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((*The OOC Thread/Guestbook)) Blue Opal SL

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:56 pm

Date: 1/25/1999 1:24 PM Central Daylight Time

I don't mean to sound rude or anything... but when is it gonna end?

The storyline is starting to outlive the Opal! :)

I've got some ideas should Roland by some odd chance win the Opal and would like very much so to even get a glimmer of hope to do it before I lose the initial writter's boost.

For the most part, the posts on the SL have been well written and well-thought. A good bit too high-tech for my tastes and far exceeding Roland's storyline, though. I have no idea how I will go about explaining this to myself or those that ask, but I suppose there is some way around it. I just wish it would have been a more community-friendly thread (i.e. it would fit in with most anyone's storyline, not just the people involved). I suppose that
is partly my fault for not coming to Deuce and the rest sooner, just didn't think about it until now.

Anyway, good luck in completing. Here is hoping the ending suits everyone, as it should.
~Ck
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:57 pm

Date: 1/25/1999 6:50 PM Central Daylight Time

I tried to make the SL as open as possible at the start. Anyone could jump in, and the story was still able to go in any direction. At this point, anyone can still enter in, as long as there's a way for their character to fit. If anyone needs help with that part, by all means, come and ask me. I'll do what I can. (That means you too, Ck. =D)

As far as the high-tech part... I brought Titan Inc. into it because it allowed for the point of RhyDin to come to the fore- the mix of spacer and medieval in one land. And if Janella can be in an SL that involves genetic engineering, I think we can work just about anything into the story.

The SL took about a 3-month break, that's why it's taking so long to complete. But I'm trying my hardest to make sure that doesn't happen again. For anyone who was unaware, I tried to upgrade my computer this past weekend (when the next post for the SL was supposed to be up), and it said no. Thankfully, I have lots of smart friends, and it's up and running now. Barring the thing breaking down on me again, I'll have the post up tomorrow. No "I'll
try", either- I will.

Spiffy
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:57 pm

Date: 1/25/1999 10:32 PM Central Daylight Time

Sounds cool, Spiffy. Count me into any sort of planning. I'm bored and need to write. :)
~Ck
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ((*The OOC Thread/Guestbook)) From The Monitor

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:58 pm

Date: 1/30/1999 4:58 PM Central Daylight Time

Hi There,

Normally I keep quiet in this thread since those using the DoF board generally follow guidelines.

I have a few announcements to make.

Rings of Honor Guidelines This is where you will find the bulk of info regarding the folders on the Rings of Honor Message boards.

First of all, please do not post the same message more than once, we call that spamming and it not only violates forum guidelines, folks, it is grounds for a TOS violation.

Secondly, the procedure for post removal is as follows:

Cut and paste the post in mail with the folder name on it, in this case Duel of Fists. Include the entire post. There are hundreds of postings on the RoH board that I would need to dig through if you don't.

On author's notes and hyperlinks.. Author's notes no longer need to be marked with other than (( )), but must be relavant to your story or notice. Hyperlinks are allowed in said author's notes but must show the URL. Either of the following will lead to Collie's profile page FFGF Profile: RDI Collie or http://members.aol.com/RDICollie/profile/profile.html, however the latter is the format allowed. Be advised that you follow links at your own risk.

Lastly, when you write me a letter for any reason, please make sure that your mail is not blocked to me so I can reply with whether I can or can not comply with your request and why or why not.

If you don't have mail available then locate me, people in the sports have to have IMs available or they can't play the game. If I'm not working a room, I'll try to help you. I don't work Fists, please do not ask me rules questions those must be referred to Rask, Deuce, and the other Duel of Fists staffers.

Thanks,

RDI Collie

Nexus Manager

Duel Of Swords

Rings of Honor
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:59 pm

Date: 1/30/1999 8:46 PM Central Daylight Time

Reposted since the following is OOC content

Subject: A Public Apology
Date: 1/30/99 1:59 AM Central Standard Time
Message-id: <19990130025948.00916.00001031@ng-fc1.aol.com>

On Tuesday night, I fought in a duel against a Glass whom I beleaved to be a Ruby. In this duel I used all three of my mods and managed to win the duel 5-4. After the duel, my opponent contacted me and went on and on about how she would never duel in Fists again because I beat her useing my mods when I should have given them up for the duel. Of course this was the first I had heard of her being a Glass. I told her, had she
asked, I would have been happy to duel with out them. I even offered to talk to the caller and try to get the duel nulled or have it changed to a tie but she said no. With that she left the Outback. The next few days, I was contacted by several callers and duelers that heard about what happened (it seems she complained about it to the officials and everyone she met).

I would like to take this time to say that I am sorry about what happened. I would also like it to be known that if any blame should be handed out in this matter, it should ALL go to me. Don't blame the Outback, its officials, or its duelers. Blame me.

With that being said, I have one more thing to say. And this is MY statement. Not anyone else's.

If it is true that you are not coming back, you have no idea how happy that makes me. I think that anyone that is going to b***h and complain because they lose doesn't belong in any of the dueling sports. Sure it was wrong for me to use my mods againt a Glass, but I didn't know until the duel was over. You should have said something before the duel or after I used my first one, but you didn't. And for that you whine about loseing the
duel. And not only that but you lost by ONE WHOLE POINT. What a beating I gave you. Damn. I am amazed that you even had the energy to complain after a loss like that.

I repeat. The above statement was MY statment and no one elses. All readers should not look down on the Outback, it's officials, or it's duelers because of this statement.

Signed,
Dalamar Majere

RDI Collie

Nexus Manager

Duel Of Swords

Rings of Honor
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 4:59 pm

Date: 2/1/1999 3:43 AM Central Daylight Time

Oooooooh. I got a thought. Stop laughing. It's all the talk of mods and everything like that. Does anyone know if in a real martial arts tournament, for lower belts, certain moves are restricted? Like, if I had a blue belt in whatever and entered a tourney after learning a black belt move as my go-to thing, would they not allow me to use it?

Spiffy
Spiffy

...the somewhat inspired
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 5:00 pm

Date: 2/1/1999 6:50 PM Central Daylight Time

I have a good friend Ron who's got a black belt in aikido and one in kempo; he's been in more than his share of competitions, so he may know the answer to this. I'll ask him about your question and see what he says.

BW
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 5:00 pm

Date: 2/2/1999 11:21 AM Central Daylight Time

<< I have a good friend Ron who's got a black belt in aikido and one in kempo;... I'll ask him about your question and see what he says.>>And do it chop-chop!Kre--once-again-I-couldn't-resist--too