The time had come ( Jaycy )

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

The time had come ( Jaycy )

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 6:06 pm

Date: 7/28/1999 3:11 PM Central Daylight Time

Quietly, Jaycy sat at her desk, drawing. She had been a member of the Outback crew for over a year now; first subbing, then full time. Yet still, she had no special ring to call her own; her own creative work to add to the crazy atmosphere of the Outback. With the recent series of beatings over, she intended to take a break and change that little problem. Well, it was a problem only in her mind.

Another frond of the giant fern was sketched onto the drawing paper; and another. Slowly the huge plant began to take shape, just as it did in the home of the Duel of Fists. She knew what she wanted to do, but had relatively no clue how to get it accomplished. A scowl formed as she tilted the paper this way and that, but was unable to come up with any clear answer.

Suddenly, a cry. "Matt!" He'd know how to do it, for sure. And now that the damned hologram was gone; she felt comfortable talking to him. Quickly she penned a note to the recently returned official, explaining her idea and resulting difficulty. Another note was penned, this time to Rask.

It read:

Raskal,

I've been here a long time, and seen the unveiling of several rings... now is the time I bring to you a proposal of my own. For some time now the fern has stood a grand decoration in the Outback; but now I would like to make it a little more. I wanna make it a ring; but not just any kind of ring. I was thinking perhaps a multilevel thing, where the duelers may jump from one frond to the other to fight.

Right now I'm working on details, but haven't quite figured out how to give the fronds the structure needed to hold the duelers' weights. I've sent a note to Matt to see if he has any suggestions. Also, I would like to open the ring with a special event... something like the Mega Brawl. The ring appears to be big enough for a number of duelers, and I feel it fitting for the opening of a new ring.

Any comments, or suggestions you might have would be wonderful. Oh yeah, and can I do this?

Jaycy

The gypsy chuckled for a moment, wincing as the action caused her again-broken ribs to move painfully. She was lucky to be walking right now, and working, but her own natural inner healing had at least begun its work. Calling to an air elemental, the two notes were sent off... one to Matt's office, the other to Rask's. Sighing, she sat back to wait for some answer and relax, unable and unwilling to move just yet.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: The time had come ( Jaycy )

Post by DoF Archive » Fri May 14, 2004 6:06 pm

Date: 8/2/1999 11:09 PM Central Daylight Time

what the ...?

:: Rask looked at the paper on his desk again and wondered if somehow everyone in the Outback had suddenly been blessed, or cursed, with creativity.

It was true that the Outback had a number of special rings which had been created over the years, but two ring requests in one-week! That was unheard of

Personally, Rask thought his Generic Brand rings worked out just fine, but every so often somebody liked to duel in some sort of exotic or dangerous location.::

Well, whatever keeps them happy :: Rask chuckled and wrote out a quick note to Jaycy ::

Well, seeing as how that plant has been there for quite a while now, I see no reason that it should not be turned into a ring. It's not like we are going to have to build on an addition or something.

I do not know what the details of the plant are, but is there any danger of the holder of the red Opal fighting in that ring? And, would there be any unfair advantages to the holder of Pathfinder?

Regardless, I have no problems with you proceeding to build this ring and when it is completed we will work on having a special event to debut it.

:: with that, Rask sent the envelope on its way... or at least put it into his box so that eventually the carrier would come around and carry it off ::
RDI Rask

DoF Supervisor