Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:57 pm

Date: 26 Jun 2002 18:15:44 EDT

>Hag who signs her name Rhiannon Dawn Brock,
>
>Go about your business. I have found a far more suitable person to vent my
>spleen on in the person of Karen Wilder. What are you in comparison?
>
>As for Captain Morgan she is of no consequence in this arena. Her name a dim
>memory, her face a tarnished blur, her influence nonexistent.
>
>St. Severe

Translation #1: You got me. Now that I am admitting to being afraid of fighting women whom I've never seen in action, there's no way in hell I'm gonna fight you. I don't know you, so you'd kick my butt.

Translation #2: Karen Wilder I know, therefore I might have a chance. Probably gonna lose though. And when I do, I'm still going to claim victory cause I don't know how to admit defeat, even though I should be used to it since everyone is better than me.

Translation #3: Ellisa Morgan doesn't really come around too much, or read the boards all that often, I think, so, me saying anything I want about her is like getting away with being a bad boy. Course, if she were to ever show up in the Arena with me there, I'd likely wuss out and come up with some lame excuse about how I have to go and wash my hair, or walk my dog or something.

Translation #4: My name, written "St. Severe" is a gross inaccuracy of who and what I am. I'm a shy little boy who gets no women, so I gotta pretend I'm tough. Won't someone please reach under the surface to find the real me?

Thank you and good day.
G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:58 pm

Date: 27 Jun 2002 11:37:12 EDT

She had returned to an empty arena in search of the worn leather riding gloves. Having lost them somewhere along the way, Olivia found herself tracing her steps hoping to find them. However, before she entered the Arena the large cork board filled with endless missives caught her eye. Her head canted to the left as she took a step closer, picking
out a missive here and there to read. G's missive having caught her eye, reading through it carefully as a smile formed.
Gathering the others she read through them all, that smile growing. The hornet's nest Severe had stirred up was buzzing like mad and she laughed softly. Having patiently awaited the day when Severe would get what was coming to him. And it would appear that day was close at hand. Oh....how she would enjoy seeing him brought to his knees.
Moving away from the cork, a bright smile curling her lips. Her thoughts turning to more important matters, as she thought of Arithon.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 27 Jun 2002 17:58:36 EDT

Duelist who signs his name St Severe,

Is that Street Severe? It surely can not mean Saint since your manners are appalling. Since no period appears after it, maybe it is just "St" like the sound heard when one is whispering, but I digress.

Since you do not know me, you do not know if I fit the description of hag. Seems you are too cowardly to find out.

What I am in comparison to who, you or Lady Karen? I wouldn't place myself in the same league as Karen, she is a respected member of the dueling community and many time title holder. In comparison to you, I'm someone who is known by many members of the dueling community and hopefully respected by them. I was the youngest to hold the rank of Master at Arms for any length of time. If any past standings keepers have records of that time, they might find
note of a brief time as Grandmaster. I did that at the age of five. Can you say the same?

You made this my business when you insulted my mother. You should be more careful about things like that.

As for Captain Morgan being a dim memory, I think not. While she is not about to duel often, she is indeed a part of the history of the arena. You are not even in her league. When you have accomplished as much as she has then you can crow like the rooster you think you are.

Rhiannon Dawn Brock
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 27 Jun 2002 18:22:07 EDT

Keokuk Washakie,

1. I am a misogynist.

2. Women tend to be a tastier breed of cattle. A fine brandy as compared to poor cognac.

3. I despise humanity in general and take pleasure in culling the herd.

I hope these answers prove satisfactory. If not that is unfortunate for you.

St. Severe
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 27 Jun 2002 18:42:39 EDT

>2. Women tend to be a tastier breed of cattle. A fine brandy as compared to
>poor cognac.
>

G!! IM GONNA TAKE THIS ONE!!!

Translation: Men kick my butt to much, so I tend to lean towards women to fight, yet they kick my butt as well. I do not know anything of beverages.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 27 Jun 2002 18:34:24 EDT

Wow, you eat women?

-Rix
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:59 pm

Date: 27 Jun 2002 19:00:11 EDT

>G!! IM GONNA TAKE THIS ONE!!!
>
>Translation: Men kick my butt to much, so I tend to lean towards women to
>fight, yet they kick my butt as well. I do not know anything of beverages.

Damn you! You have beaten me to the translation! Not fair!

You are in need of a culling like a fine brandied cattle of steak who compares poorly to a carbonated beverage with carmel coloring who likes losing to men and women!

Wait, Sorry, that sounded too..... "Severe"

Geez, I crack myself up.

By the way, good translation
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 03 Jul 2002 02:46:05 EDT

Rhiannon...

While ye may not be a peer by th' Standings, ye are certainly a peer in Honor.

Lady Karen Wilder
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 06 Jul 2002 08:51:55 EDT

Ribbet