House Dueling Exhibition

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

House Dueling Exhibition

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:36 pm

Date: 8/18/97 7:35 PM Eastern Standard Time

M'lords and ladies of the duels,

Tonight, at 10 est, in the Duelers Annex, a team dueling match will be held between House L and Questrion. This match will be feature five duelers from each house paired against one another in individual matches. Each match will be fought in order with the total score of the five matches determining the winning house. The official rankings of the Duel of Swords shall be used for each dueler, though the Overlord Rule is in effect for all duels, concerning the number of fancies allowed. Below is the
line-up for this evenings affair, we hope to see some of you there.

House L Questrion

1) Warlord Zaradda vs Warlord Duke UzieI
2) Warlord Rix Favre vs Commoner Brigath*
3) Baron Bapheloc vs Warlord Dem Cyrax
4) Baron RLupton vs Commoner MadDwarf**
5) Baron HalfDwarf vs Warlord Valmion

* Brigath is substituting for the Warlord Marzan.
** Thor is doing the same for the Warlord Draven Il.

Cheers,

Valmion

Date: 8/18/97 7:44 PM Eastern Standard Time

::wishes he was a member of a dueling house::

Date: 8/18/97 11:24 PM Eastern Standard Time

My thanks to House Questrion for the dueling. I truely had a most enjoyable time. House Questrion dispayed a great amount of skill, and each and every duel was a good one.

My thankls to everyone once again . . . I can't wait for the rematch.

~Rix

Date: 8/18/97 11:28 PM Eastern Standard Time

Yes indeed, a hearty appreciation to Questrion for their fine challenge.

It was nice to be away from the pressure and stress the offical duels can bring with politics and such, and just have some good old fashioned dueling with a bit of a competetive edge. No worries or stress about personal careers or anything, but rather just friendly rivalries and team spirits.

We as well look forward to a rematch with Questrion, and even more on going matches with them in the future. As well any other House, dojo, or group who would like to put together a team and duel us, challenge any time. It's a fun thing to do I think, and shows how duelers who are of a House can be a positive team, and it be fun for all.

Baphelocutis est Lathadoscia.

Date: 8/18/97 11:37 PM Eastern Standard Time

Both teams showed valient skill and effort. A heart felt "Congrats."

~Lup

Date: 8/19/97 5:38 AM Eastern Standard Time

Congratulations to House Lathadoscia on the sound drubbing they gave us last evening ::chuckles:: I'd like to offer my personal thanks as well for the respect paid to me in the ring, regardless of the large disparity between the ranks of myself and my opponent. It was a pleasure to face House L, and to echo the others, I can't wait for the rematch.

Brigath
Motley of Questrion
Commoner

Date: 8/19/97 7:19 AM Eastern Standard Time

I have four women ready to meet in a friendly battle of duels thus far... beware.

~Ellisa~
::laughs softly and wanders off::

Date: 8/19/97 7:59 AM Eastern Standard Time

I too would like ta dank everyone involved in puttin' dis tourney tagether. I really enjoyed meself and look forward ta future tourneys wit House Questrion and other groups. ::thinks of Ellisa's women group and shudders:: Danks ta Valmion fer hostin' House Lathadoscia, and fer optin' ta match himself wit me. It was a most challengin' duel, it had been too long since we had previously met in da rings. Again...House Questrion, well fought, and me grand danks ta ya fer an enjoyable eve of friendly
duelin'.

~Jeffrey Oakenshield~

Date: 8/19/97 9:09 AM Eastern Standard Time

::is still dreaming of a match, the renegade barons (if there are 5 at the time) vs. the loyalists and the overlord::

Date: 8/19/97 11:20 AM Eastern Standard Time

(m) Jeff sure did have a lotta pressure for his duel to deal with. I dunno if I coulda taken it. ::chuckles and wanders off::

Date: 8/19/97 2:28 PM Eastern Standard Time

::chuckles::

I'm still hurtin

Date: 8/19/97 3:09 PM Eastern Standard Time

::sees these messages and smiles, goes to talk to his members about putting a team together::

Date: 8/19/97 4:34 PM Eastern Standard Time

::reads:: ::yawns:: ::reads:: ::eyes widen:: ::huge grin::

Goon have idea! Goon idea lot good! Goon know lot fistfight people. Goon get fistfight people, come, fight sword fight people! Goon team, fight fist, Sword team, fight pointy thing! Who like Goon idea?

Goon

::grins happily as he looks for something to tack up the message with:: ::can't find one:: ::holds the message up to the wall:: ::punches it, imbedding it there for a good long time::

Date: 8/19/97 10:56 PM Eastern Standard Time

::gets together Adeena Maeax, Kaprielle d'Argent, Queen Luthien Tinuviel and Alais d' Nitesong Sidhe::

My team is ready...are you?

~Ellisa Morgan~

Subject: Duellin Ladies....
Date: 8/19/97 11:15 PM Eastern Standard Time

Ellisa, Alais, Adeena, Luth, an Kapi.....

Ah must say thas an awful lots o talent, nha ta mention more than a bit o distraction. Ah hopes ya the best o fortune when this tourney goes through...though ah doubts ya needs me well wishin...

Go All o ya!!!
Xy

Date: 8/20/97 12:18 AM Eastern Standard Time

::after reading the several posts, smiling and chuckling, he tacks up one of his own::

Well, long ago before I came to Rhydin, I would pay my generals and any others that wished to try to duel with me in swords. The skills of those here in Rhydin greatly outmatch those of that time long past, but I do believe I have also improved.

I suppose that what I am trying to say here is that, hopefully without sounding to boastful, I give you my team.

Member: Myself.

Of course, I realize that this will not last, as I will get too tired and pummeled to compete often against five other duelists. For this reason, I will in the mean time look for a few friends to bail me out.

Until I get them though... consider Rand open for a beating.

Date: 8/20/97 1:55 AM Eastern Standard Time

Hey Baphe...dem ladies be good...but we could take 'em dontcha dink?

::grins and hopes if it ever happens he gets matched with Ellisa::

Date: 8/20/97 12:23 PM Eastern Standard Time

Did I miss something or were the results from this exhibition not announced?

::goes back through posts for the fourth time looking::

Date: 8/20/97 2:46 PM Eastern Standard Time

Lady Ellisa Morgan,

House Lathadoscia would be delighted to match skill and talent against some of the sport's finest women to wield the blade. It would ne nice for a friendly bit of competition and fun away from the stress, pressures, and politics of the offical duels. I am sure that the rest of my House would be just as delighted to enter the ring with sove of RhyDin's loveliest, if not most dangerous, women. I would love to host you as our guests, and would like to be the Home team for this contest. Please
get in contact with me as soon as possible, Baroness.

Baphelocutis est Lathadoscia
Baron of the 1st Ring of DoS.

Date: 8/20/97 3:03 PM Eastern Standard Time

Hell, Rand... count me in on the bail-out bracket. I've got your back. We'll be the House of No Houses.

Only people with absolutely no allegiance to any House need apply.

Nova

Date: 8/20/97 3:15 PM Eastern Standard Time

Count me as your third, Rand.
::grinning at Nova::

Date: 8/20/97 3:56 PM Eastern Standard Time

Walker,

Valmion's post with the results must have fallen off the boards or something. ::chuckles:: The final result was that Houst Lathadoscia soundly beat us 25 to 16. We're looking to improve our side of that score greatly in a rematch sometime ::grins::

Brigath
Motley of Questrion

Date: 8/20/97 5:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

::tired of hearing about the score, as two Questrion Warlords were absent from the duels::

Date: 8/20/97 7:07 PM Eastern Standard Time

Walker,

Indeed, my post did fall off the board somehow... ::chuckles:: Guess I must watch how I congratulate the victors in duels ;) ::grins as he knows the black bird will read this sometime or another:: Anyway, it was a fun night, and it seems we will be doing this again this upcoming Monday eve, same time, same place against the before listed ladies team. Just waiting on a couple of confirmations before I post it official.

Cheers,

Valmion

Date: 8/20/97 11:15 PM Eastern Standard Time

::grinning, reading:: All right, I guess I don't have to get beaten up by myself!

Call it me, Nova, and Kyle so far. Just a bunch of friends to share the pain. Two more? Where are all the women at? ::grins::

-Rand

Date: 8/21/97 3:51 PM Eastern Standard Time

I believe you can get the orc to be part of this, Rand.

And of course, I would be happy if I could join the team as well.

[/b][/i]